Thursday, April 3, 2008

transform your life from messed to blessed!

In our Sunday night class, Transforming Your Life from Messed to Blessed, we're studying ways to declutter our homes. The process begins by indentifying the things that are most important in your life. Everything else is "clutter" and should be purged.

Robin Stephens, organizing coach and author of Simplicize!, says it best, "Clutter is more than just an inconvenience. It's physically, emotionally and spiritually draining. It directly affects your health, relationships, money, work and your ability to enjoy your life. Pretty much every area of your life, right?"

Understanding clutter helps put everything in perspective. Ask yourself, "Does this (item) really add value to my life? When was the last time I used (wore) it? Does it still work? Am I hanging on to this IN CASE I may need it again someday???"

Here's the ultimate question to ask...and believe me, this one hit me square between the eyes! "If I were to get rid of it and discover that I needed it again in the future, do I believe God would provide for me at that time?" Hmmmmmm... good one, yeah? Let that one sink in for a while, if you must.

"And my God will meet all your needs
according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19 (NIV)

Be bold and have faith, my friend. Trust in the Lord as you begin your transformation!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great post Lisa. Looking forward to reading more.